Back to Healthy
After eating so much of whatever I want over the Holidays, I am so excited to start eating healthy again! Brett and I finally went grocery shopping and stocked up on all types of delicious healthy foods to cook dinner with! I also made sure to get things I could bring to work easily for snacks and breakfast!
Today I brought with me 2 clementines for breakfast/snack today (I ran out of the house with only my coffee, and forgot my oatmeal which was supposed to be breakfast :() carrots for my mid-afternoon snack, and Kraft Light Asian Toasted Sesame dressing. Since I work at a hotel, they provide us with lunch, which is a great money saver! When I try to eat healthy, I always go for the salad bar, but the dressing selection at work gets a little boring and sometimes non-existent, so, bringing my own dressing helps spice things up a bit!
New Year’s Resolutions
I always like to make New Year’s Resolutions at the beginning of the year, but I never had a blog to write about them! As I am writing this, it is making me motivated to really stick to this year’s resolutions, and actually plan out how I am going to accomplish them! There are a lot of resolutions I have for 2011, and I am hoping to accomplish them in between all the craziness that this year is going to bring! Here is what I have:
- Start Taking Dance Classes Again: I used to dance all the time and I miss it so much. I always tell myself I am going to go take a class, but for some reason I never end up going! This year I am going to make it first priority to start take a dance class at least one a month! It is a great workout too, and a nice little change up from the normal gym routine!
Ok, don’t laugh, but my brother, Will, totally found these photos of me at home and decided it was a good idea to send them to me. What a cute little dancer I was! Haha!
That was a long time ago, but I continued to dance all the way through High School and won a championship my first year!
- Challenge Myself at Work: There are new opportunities for me at work, and I am really excited to start pushing my boundaries and learning more everyday! I am really looking forward to learning how to use design programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign, used to design and create print materials. I am so excited to learn more about these programs and I love the creative side of this kind of marketing.
- Playing Sports/Hiking: Last year Brett and I played flag football and had a blast! I would love to play again, and even start playing other sports like tennis and golf, to get outside and enjoy the weather. This is another great way for me to switch up my fitness routine and it is always so fun to see improvement in my skills at difficult sports! Hiking is also something I have always wanted to do! This year I am going to make it happen!
- Expand my Blogging: I really enjoy reading blogs, especially ones about fitness, food, and weddings! I am really hoping to continue blogging regularly, and improving my skills so that all of you can continue reading my blog, and hopefully enjoy it as much as I enjoy reading others’!
- Cook More: I really enjoy cooking and trying new things, but I don’t do it enough at all! I would love to start challenging myself in the kitchen, trying new things, and eventually become good enough to cook without recipes and just cooking from knowledge and with creativity! Brett is such a good cook, and I would love to impress him with my wife-like skills in the kitchen…once I have them!
What are your New Year’s Resolutions?