This week we are introducing fish to the recipe of the week! Salmon to be exact!
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound center-cut salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
This dish was so easy to make, and as you can see there wasn’t too many ingredients either, which I like!
1. First, make sure the salmon is skinless. If you are crafty with the knife, you can of course do this yourself, but you can also ask your butcher from the seafood department to skin it for you.
2. Next, whisk the rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and green onions together in a bowl and marinated the salmon for 15 minutes, keeping aside some to top the salmon with after it’s cooked.
3. Then, cook the salmon in the oven on broil for 10 minutes. I threw it in and then worked the side dish while it cooked.
4. Before serving, top the salmon with toasted sesame seeds. You can toast them yourself by placing them in a heated skillet and stirring constantly for about two minutes until they are golden brown and fragrant. Or feel free to buy pre-toasted sesame seeds.
This was by far the best recipe yet!!
Brett practically swallowed his plate whole! I hadn’t even finished 2 bites and he was already done! He was raving about the dish and was asking me why I didn’t get more salmon! His other recommendation was to make more sauce to cover the rice cause it was that good and wasn’t enough to go around!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 234 calories; 13 g fat; 6 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber
Nutrition Bonus: Excellent source of omega-3s.
Since I did such a great job with dinner, Brett wanted to treat me to Tutti Frutti for some dessert! How could I resist that offer!!
We even brought Winnie along for some organic Doggie Ice Cream! I kept it healthy with all fat free yogurts topped with fresh fruit and granola! It was delicious and we all gobbled it right down!
Tutti Fruitti is the best night cap!