So, I have been slacking on the recipe posts, and I need to make up for it! I have still been cooking in the kitchen and I am getting pretty good at thinking up recipes already! The most recent one was a Tilapia dish, that turned out amazing! I just bought a tilapia filet randomly at the store, without having a recipe, so when it was time to cook it, I just searched around the kitchen for what I had, and these ingredients popped out at me:
- Grape Tomatoes
- Left over zucchinni slices
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Fresh Basil
I started off preheating the oven to 350 degrees. I placed the fillet on a baking sheet and sprinkled it with the seasoning. I sliced up the grape tomatoes and chopped the basil leaves and placed them on top of the fish. Then I arranged the zucchini on the baking sheet as well, to bake with the fish. I watched it closely and ended up cooking it for about 15 minutes, or until it was flaky and white. The flavor of the lemon seasoning was perfect, since I didn’t have any fresh lemons, and it really flavored the fish nicely.
Brett isn’t a fish person and had ribs instead, but I saw him eyeing my dish and he said it looked really good! It was!!
I don’t have exact Nutrition Facts on this dish, since I came up with it on my own, but I have approximate numbers that I calculated on my own with a calorie counter! I was happy to find that the dish is practically Fat Free! Which I like!
Approximate Nutrition Facts: Calories: 200; Fat: 1 g; Carbs: 6g; Protein 28g
The next recipe was one that I got at Publix. One of the employees was cooking up Beef Stroganoff, and I had a taste of it. It was really good! We decided to get the ingredients and prepare it one night for dinner!
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef, 7% fat
- 4 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms (rinsed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (8-ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can double-strength beef broth
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream (We got light sour cream to make it healthier)
It was really easy to make! Pretty much just add all the ingredients in a pan and cook! But here are the stp by step ingredients:
- Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta. Peel and dice (rinsed) onion.
- Melt butter in large sauté pan on medium-high; swirl to coat. Stir in onions and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook 5–7 minutes, stirring frequently, until meat crumbles and no pink remains.
- Stir flour into beef mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 7–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Slowly stir broth into beef mixture; stir in sour cream. Reduce to medium; simmer 7–8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta thoroughly; serve beef mixture over pasta.
My brother, Will, really turned me on the Pepperoni Peppers you see in the picture above. They are so flavorful and aren’t that spicy at all! I am obsessed with them now and I can’t wait to order a Greek salad and not pick them off anymore! haha!
So Brett basically just covered the pork roast with Rosemary and baked it in the oven for abour 2-3 hours until it was white in the center and the juices were flowing! It was so good!
I just had to share that dinner with you, since it was so good, even though I didn’t cook it!