Recipe of the Week – Crockpot Chicken Tacos

OK, I have a confession to make: I have never cooked a meal in a crockpot before. I have read blogs and saved crockpot recipes because they always seem to be so easy to make and come out delicious, but I never actually made one myself.

I have to admit that I am not the cook of the household, Brett definitely takes on that role. But I still really enjoy finding new recipes to try and learning new cooking techniques.

So, I decided to make my first crockpot meal for the family and the recipe I found on Pinterest made it a really easy decision.

Three ingredients is all it takes to cook this dish.

Photo Mar 29, 7 31 14 AM

It was so easy to make, that as I prepared the meal, I couldn’t believe it has taken me this long to jump on the Crockpot train!

Photo Mar 28, 7 21 11 AM

Salsa, Taco Seasoning and Chicken. That is all it takees!

I dumped all three ingredients into the crockpot and stirred to mix in the seasoning before I left for work. Set it to Low for 8 hours and done!

When I got home the house smelled so good, and it was really amazing to know that dinner was already prepared. All I had to do was put out the toppings and condiments.

Photo Mar 28, 9 55 40 PM

That was really nice because I had extra time to finish some chores around the house.

This meal was a success and so easy and I can’t wait to cook my next crockpot meal!

I am on the look out for new recipes now, so if you have any great ones, go ahead a post and I will have to try them out! :)

9 Comments on Recipe of the Week – Crockpot Chicken Tacos

1. lenore
    April 3, 2013 at 5:23 pm (5 years ago)

I think i’ll take out my crock pot

• Jane
      April 3, 2013 at 5:25 pm (5 years ago)

Do it! And let me know if you try any new recipes that are delicious!

• Jane Nichols
      July 26, 2013 at 1:56 pm (4 years ago)

Jane..you will soon come to know that Crockpots rock!!! Sometimes the “set it and forget it” method is the best! Gonna try this one for sure! :)

• Jane
        July 26, 2013 at 2:01 pm (4 years ago)

It is amazing! Gotta cook more with the crockpot for sure!! Try it out it is so easy!

• Jane
      April 4, 2013 at 7:18 pm (5 years ago)

It was! Pot roast is a classic recipe! I definitely need to learn how to make that in the crock pot!

• RebeccaScaglione - Love at First Book
        April 4, 2013 at 10:52 pm (5 years ago)

Mine is soooo easy. I make a beef broth from a bullion cube and water, then season and add pot roast meat (the grocery store will probably label what’s good for a pot roast). I add chopped up celery, carrots, and onion. Cook on low for 8 hours and it’s done! I usually will make mashed potatoes for a side. You can also add potatoes to the pot roast, but I prefer them separate.

2. Debi Johnston
    April 4, 2013 at 12:31 am (5 years ago)

Looks and sounds delicious. I love my crock pot and will definitely try your receipe.. I will look up some of my favorites and send them to you.

• Jane
      April 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm (5 years ago)

Let me know how yours turns out! And please send on over you recipes, I’d love to give them a try!