30 Day Ab Challenge – Day 30 & Results!

30 Day Ab Challenge Day 30

We made it to the last day! (Sorry this is a little later than it is supposed to be, I just got back from vacation and am having the time to post!)

Vertical Crunches

• 1 set of 50
  • 1 set of 40
  • 1 set of 40

Mountain Climbers

• 1 set of 80
  • 1 set of 55
  • 1 set of 45

Total Workout time: 11 Minutes

Day 30 was bitter sweet. I enjoyed the challenge and think that it went very well! It gave me an exercise routine to complete everyday and most of the time I looked forward to it.

The challenge is over, but there was a mention in the instructions that if you like the results that you are getting from the challenge, you can continue passed day 30 and re-do days 20-30 to keep the results coming. I am really happy with the results and am thinking about doing this!

And the moment we are waiting for: The Results!

I was on vacation when the challenge ended, so I tried to take the best looking before and afters, which was hard to get the same angle and lighting as my original before photo. (I have realized that there is a lot of work that goes into a before and after to make the photos look right. A lot of it has to do the the lighting. It makes a huge difference!)

So here it goes, by best before and afters, plus a little extras for best lighting. :)

30 day ab challenge results

Before (left) – After (right)

30 day ab challenge results

Before (left) – After (right)

30 day ab challenge results

Really good front abs photo!

Really bad side-lighting photo.

Really bad side-abs lighting photo.

30 day ab challenge results

Really awesome side abs photo!

30 day ab challenge results

Not so impressive front abs photo.

Anyways, regardless of the eh-so successful before and after pictures, I felt awesome this weekend hanging out in my bikini by the pool and beach! I’d say it was a great challenge and I am so glad I completed it!

Photo Sep 28, 3 43 06 PM (1)

Photo Sep 29, 4 48 57 PM

15 Comments on 30 Day Ab Challenge – Day 30 & Results!

1. Month Hacker
    October 2, 2013 at 2:30 pm (4 years ago)

Congratulations! There is one thing I’m confused about. I’d like to hear what you have to say on this.
    Suppose, like I did the Japanese challenge last month and obviously wasn’t able to complete learning, I’ll continue learning a little everyday (simultaneously with the new challenge). But the thing I am worried about is, what if this happens every month and the end of 15h month I’m burdened to do 15 things every day to attain mastery. I know it is a silly thing to thin about. But, what do you think I should do?

• Jane
      October 3, 2013 at 9:12 am (4 years ago)

Hi Month Hacker! Thanks for your question! My advice for you would be, if you are going to continue to challenge yourself for 30 days at a time, to focus on what you can accomplish in those days, and blog about that. It is pretty incredible that you decided to master Japanese in only 30 days, and is a very interesting challenge to read about. However, if you only gave yourself 30 days, maybe the importance of your challenge is to tell your readers all about what you’ve accomplished in that short time, and then move on to blogging about a new challenge for the next month. If you are still compelled to learn Japanese, maybe extend your challenge to 60 or 90 days and continue learning. Of course, if you want to keep up with the language, you should continue to study, and maybe take on other 30 day challenges that will end after 30 days.

Please let me know if my advice helps. Thank you for reading!

• Month Hacker
        October 3, 2013 at 1:47 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Jane. I haven’t completely mastered Japanese. Still have a long way to go. Hence, I think I’ll have to extend it.
        Or maybe, I can merge it with this month’s challenge. I’m doing reading this month. I could read Japanese related stuff! 😀
        Let me finish off this book and then I’ll find a good book on Japan 😉

• Jane
          October 7, 2013 at 12:02 pm (4 years ago)

Sounds like a great plan! :) Good Luck!

2. myhomeonthehill
    November 4, 2013 at 9:11 am (4 years ago)

Hi there I was just wondering if you have the daily workouts in a calendar form? Like all together that I could now print off?

3. myhomeonthehill
    November 4, 2013 at 9:14 am (4 years ago)

Hi I was wondering if you have this workout in calendar form? Something I can print out. BTW you look amazing. I need to tone up and maybe this can work for me. I was also wondering what other daily exercise you did along with this challenge.

• Jane
      November 4, 2013 at 5:36 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much!! I don’t have a printout, but you can find the complete workout here: http://blog.shareitfitness.com/2013/30-day-six-pack/

I didn’t have a gym at the time, so I ran/walked on my neighborhood trail some days and also completed workouts from my Nike Training App on my iPhone. (Also available on Android devices)

This was a great challenge and I’m planning on completing it again!

Please let me know how you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

• myhomeonthehill
        November 6, 2013 at 8:22 am (4 years ago)

I’ve started it plus an arm challenge and it’s going great so far. I’ve had to add reps to the arm challenge because it starts off with so few to begin with I’m already used to doing that it isn’t a challenge.
        Ugg and those mountain climbers are a killer on my back. Do you know of any substitute for them? I’m doing them but jeez my lower back kills.
        Thanks for inspiring me to get through the challenge! I’ll let you know how I’m doing with it!

• Jane
          November 6, 2013 at 12:30 pm (4 years ago)

Good for you! Keep it going!

Make sure you are engaging your core while you do the mountain climbers. Your back shouldn’t arch and you should stay in a plank position while you do the motion.

I am not sure of an alternative exercise for mountain climbers, but this exercise targets not only your core but your arms and legs as well. Instead of a fast, jumping motion, maybe try getting in plank position, on your elbows or hands, and slowly bringing in your knees to your chest, alternating. This may help with the impact on your lower back.

I am not a trainer or health professional in any way, so please take my comment as advice only from my personal experiences with exercising. For more advice, or if your lower back continues to hurt, please consult a health professional or your doctor.

Good luck with your challenge! Would love to hear how you continue throughout the challenge!

• myhomeonthehill
            November 11, 2013 at 9:34 am (4 years ago)

I think I’m arching my back to much, putting to much strain on my lower back. I’ll try the plank and see how that helps.

• Jane
            November 12, 2013 at 7:18 am (4 years ago)

Yes, make sure not to arch, you will put too much strain on your back. And remember, this is an ab challenge, so every exercise should target your abs and engage your core. If you don’t feel the burn in your abdomen, you may be doing the movement wrong. Please let me know how you do with this in mind. Good luck!!

• myhomeonthehill
            November 17, 2013 at 8:21 am (4 years ago)

After making that change, I feel it much more in my abs and my back is not bothering me at all. I was very surprised. I have my 11 year old doing the challenge too. I’ve toned it down a bit for her but she loves doing it. She’ll do it on her own in her room and come brag to me. I love it. Thanks so much!

• Jane
            November 18, 2013 at 11:03 am (4 years ago)

That’s so great! I’m glad you have a partner to train with! :) Glad to hear that it’s going well!

• myhomeonthehill
            November 17, 2013 at 8:41 am (4 years ago)

I keep forgetting to tell you that I tried that website to see if I could get the whole workout on a calendar or something but the site has a virus, my computer won’t let me open it. Not sure if my computer is just to sensitive or what.

• Jane
            November 18, 2013 at 4:17 pm (4 years ago)

Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I will have to look into it!