I am feeling great this week! How about you?
Last night I continued my training for the Dirty Girl Mud Run taking place this weekend. I am doing a combination of cardio and full body weight training. The race is a total of 3.1 miles, so right now I am focusing on that distance and working on speeding up my 5k pace.
So I started my workout on the treadmill last night. I created the perfect 5k playlist, too. I was jamming out to these fast paced songs that have a great beat to keep me going!
- Stay the Night – Zedd featuring Hailey Williams
- Counting Stars – OneRepublic
- Levels – Avicii
- I Could Be The One – Avicii and Nicky Romero
- The Longest Road – Morgan Page
- Give Me Your Hand (Best Song Ever) – The Ready Set
- The Other Side – Jason DeRulo
- The City – Madeon
- Let’s Go – Calvin Harris featuring Ne-Yo
- Sweater Weather – The Neighourhood – This was a great cool down song. It still had a good beat to keep me energized to start my weight training routine, but was a slower pace than the rest of the songs.
(To hear the playlist I created on Rdio.com, click HERE)
My goal is to get to a 10 minute mile. I’m almost there!
Last night I also focused on shoulders. Gotta get them strong so I can lift myself over all kinds of blockades at the race! Here is what I did:
- Seated Shoulder Press
- 3 sets of 12 reps – 15 lbs
- Deadlift to Shoulder Press – with 12.5 lb Dumbbells
- 3 sets of 10
- Lateral Raises
- 3 Sets of 10
And my bonus after stretching was 3 one-minute planks. Gotta work those abs!
Continuing on my quest for real food, for breakfast I devoured a Voskos Greek Yogurt with Honey over cut up bananas.
I have always had something against the texture of Greek yogurt. But, because I am trying new things, with my pledge to eat real food, and the awesome ingredient label of this yogurt, I HAD to give it another try.
Yup, I can pronounce all items, and there is less than 5 ingredients. Awesome!
Adding the banana was such a good idea! It gave the yogurt that sweet taste that it needed and added another texture to it that I really enjoyed. Finally, I have come to enjoy Greek yogurt!
How is the start of your week? Let me know in the comments section below! Would love to hear from you!