Happy Friday Everyone!
Today is an awesome day because…
1. TGIF!!! It’s Friday People!
2. The Hunger Games Catching Fire Premiers Today!
My mom and I read the books such before we knew about the first movie and just fell in love with the characters! We went a little crazy last year when we saw The Hunger Games together! So we cannot wait to see Catching Fire! You might say we are a little obsessed!
3. It’s the day before my Dirty Girl Mud Run!
Don’t you always kind of spoil yourself on the day before a race? You rest up, eat carbs and get to sleep early for the big day.
This is my first obstacle/mud run, so I have no idea what to expect! The distance doesn’t scare me, I have ran a 5k plenty of times, but I’m not sure how I will do with the different obstacles! I am kind of getting nervous butterflies!
So my plan for today, the day before race day is:
- Hydrate. I’m gonna be getting up early tomorrow and won’t have much time to hydrate myself, so I am starting early and concentrating on that today so I am prepared.
- Rest my muscles. Don’t want to be sore for race day. Instead of my normal routine today, I am going to take it easy and concentrate on stretching and flexibility today.
- Get enough sleep. I want to make sure I get a good amount of sleep, but not too much sleep. I don’t want to throw my body off schedule, so I don’t plan on making this Friday night a late one.
- Plan Ahead. I want to prepare for tomorrow as much as possible tonight. I don’t want to stress about packing a bag or figuring out what to wear in the morning. I want to be fully prepared for my race when I wake up so I can focus on other things like continuing to hydrate and eating something with enough time to digest before the race. For this kind of race, I also need to think about what I need to bring for afterwards, because I am going to be covered in mud! So I have to think about that as well.
So that’s my pre-race prep day!
Do you have any other pre-race tips that you incorporate in your routine? Please leave a comment below and share your thoughts! Would love to hear from you!