After attending the FLBlogCon FORUM 2014, I have become so inspired and motivated to concentrate on my passion for writing on my blog and making it the best it can be.
The Forum’s speakers only got the opportunity to hold the stage for 30 minutes each, but their presentations were so informative and really got me thinking about how I want to improve my blog and my skills as a writer/blogger.
The Forum came at the perfect time because after attending, I now have come up with a few resolutions to start off this year of blogging on the path I want to take it.
So here are some of my goals for this year in blogging and what you can expect from sticking with me!
1. Attend More Local Blogger Events. After meeting some wonderful local bloggers, I am looking forward to seeing them again and meeting more in my area. These people are some of the nicest people I have ever met and I would love to be surrounded by others who share my passion for blogging. I have already joined a local bloggers group on Facebook and I am looking forward to attending more events this year.
4. Interact and Comment on Fellow Bloggers Posts More Often. After mingling with others with the same passion for blogging as me, it made me want to read everyone’s blog and post and share and comment to get their hard work out there in the world. I think in doing so, it is a great way to find new and wonderful blogs to add to my reading list while also getting more involved in the blogging community.
2. Post More Videos. One of the speakers at Forum 2014 talked only about how wonderful the addition of video is to a blog. I have already had a few ideas on how to incorporate videos on My Squeaky Sneakers and I am looking forward to the creativity they can bring. I already have my own Youtube channel, so that is a great start!
5. Become More Active on Twitter. I never knew how fun and interactive twitter was until the Forum2014! I loved interacting with all of the bloggers that I met there on Twitter and I realized that it is such a great way to connect with others. I definitely want to make more of a presence on Twitter in 2014.
6. Become a More Organized Blogger. My goal is to plan ahead more for each post and try to be a more consistent blogger. I like to plan ahead for most things in life and want to do the same with my blog while also supplying quality content for my readers to enjoy and work that I can feel proud of.
7. Become Self Hosted. This is something that I have been wanting to accomplish for some time, but was always too scared to take the leap. After the Forum, I am now so motivated to take my blog to the next level and I finally feel ready to become a self hosted blog. I actually started this process already, but I plan to take it very slowly, not stress about it too much and learn as much as I can in doing so. I’ll be sure to provide updates on the process, so wish me luck!
Here’s to a great New Year full of blogging accomplishments!