It’s Friday!! Yay!
This morning I tried something new for breakfast.
Now, I have had oatmeal before of course, but I put chia seeds in it this time!
I have heard so many health benefits that chia seeds have but never really introduced them into my diet. For instance,
- They are the richest plant-based source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- They have 10 grams of fiber in 2 tablespoons — one-third of the daily recommended intake of fiber per day
- Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals, aging and cancer
- Chia seeds create the feeling of satiety, which helps lower food cravings between meals
- They contain no gluten or grains. Therefore, all of the nutritional benefits of chia seeds can be obtained on a gluten-free diet.
- They can be used as an egg replacer to lower cholesterol and increase the nutrient content of foods and baked goods.
This meal was super easy for me to make! I brought a packet of Quaker Oats Weight Management Oatmeal to work which is my kind of breakfast. Grab ‘n’ go and quick!
It was really good! I am such a texture person, so I was curious to see how the chia seeds would taste in the oatmeal. They don’t really have a taste so they just added a fun little crunch to the oats.
Definitely gonna try this again!