I recently received a question from one of my readers about what I keep in my diaper bag for the little one while I am running around town. I thought that this would be a great and informative post to share. And fun to write, too!
And by going through all of my items, I have come up with this list of 9 Essential Baby Items to Keep in Your Diaper Bag, from my experiences with baby from birth to 10 months.
First, I must show you my stylish, yet extremely convenient, diaper bag.
It is the Timi and Leslie Dawn Diaper bag in Taupe, and comes with everything that you see in the above picture.
I love that it looks like a purse that I would wear, is full of pockets for organization, and my favorite feature is the stroller clips.
The ability to attach this diaper bag to the stroller for easy access is so amazing and convenient! It can be really annoying to carry anything on your shoulder when you need to be free to move around and stroll the little one, so this helps tremendously.
So, now that the diaper bag has been presented, here is what I keep inside it!
1. Changing Pad; stocked with plenty of diapers and wipes. The diaper bag does come with a changing pad, but I love that this one has a wrist strap and a place to hold the diapers and wipes. When I’m able to leave the stroller and diaper bag behind, it makes for an easy and quick getaway to the restroom.
2. Extra Clothes. At least 2 outfits. I used to only bring 1 extra outfit along with me, but quickly learned that it’s just not enough. A few simple onsies should be enough to get you and baby home after a blowout or two while you are out. I also keep a sweater, hat socks and other miscellaneous items on hand so that I am prepared for all weather conditions.
3. Stain Remover. Obviously needed for multiple reasons. And it’s not only for food spills, FYI.
4. Antibacterial Foam. This has come in handy a lot, especially in scenarios where an inconvenient diaper change has taken place and there are no sinks in sight. It’s also great to have on hand for an easy cleanse, as you will find it is always harder to do the simple things with a baby, so this quick application is very handy.
5. Face and Hand Wipes. Great for a quick wipe of the face or hands after eating, especially now that Rylee is eating more foods, these are great to have on hand.
6. My Personal Items. A great feature of my diaper bag is the small purse that came with it where I can store all of my personal items in one place and use as a wallet. It’s easy to access and take along with me if needed.
7. Feeding Necessities Part I: Breastfeeding Cloak. When I was breastfeeding, this cloak was a must for me to take everywhere. It made breastfeeding in public way more comfortable and easy for me.
7. Feeding Necessities Part II: Bottle & Formula. Once I stopped breastfeeding, I had to be more prepared to bring along the right foods when we were out. So, first it was the bottle that I had to grab for the diaper bag, but now she has graduated to the sippy cup.
And it took me a while to figure out the best way to bring along the formula. Thank goodness I recently came across this awesome container to hold formula on the go. It can hold up to 3, 8 oz. servings of formula and you can twist and pour easily into your bottle with no mess. Now that I am no longer breastfeeding, it is such a great help for feeding Rylee while on the go.
7. Feeding Necessities Part III: Snacks. And now that Rylee loves snacking so much it it always a good idea to keep a handful of snacks in the diaper bag to keep her happy while we are out. They always do the trick, especially when we are out to eat. It is amazing how good she will sit with us when she is eating too.
8. Blankets. I like to keep one or two of these thin blankets on hand all the time. They don’t take up much space in my bag and are light enough to be used anywhere we go.
9. Toys. I chose a couple of Rylee’s toys to keep exclusively in my diaper bag at all times. That way, when I need to break out the toys to keep her amused, Rylee is more interested in them because she has something new and different to play with than her normal toys at home. And this also ensures I never leave home without a toy.
And that is what I keep in my diaper bag! I am always prepared and completely organized for any to-do or mishap.
I would love to know what you thought of this post and if it was helpful to you! Also, if you have any suggestions or items that you absolutely love and must have on hand with you when you are out with the little one, I would love to know.
Just post in the comments section below and I will be sure to check and send a response! Thanks!