Notice anything different?
My Squeaky Sneakers has been given a facelift! I am so happy with the new look and it definitely feels more like me now. I have been contemplating a new look for My Squeaky Sneakers for a while and finally began the process. I did all of the work myself so I still need to work out some glitches, but I really love how it is coming along!
After giving my blog its new makeover, I started thinking about the blogging resolutions that I set for myself this year. Although a new look for the blog was not on this year’s list of resolutions, I have wanted to for a while and I am happy that I was able to begin the process this year. So I am definitely adding it to the list now!
But here is where I am at with the rest of my blogging resolutions for 2014:
1. Attend More Local Blogger Events. I have already taken action with this one and met some wonderful bloggers through the group Central Florida Lady Bloggers. We recently got together for dinner at Muchos and it was great to meet some awesome local bloggers!
I am really looking forward to next month’s meet-up and I am also registered for the FLBlogCon that is happening in September.
4. Interact and Comment on Fellow Bloggers’ Posts More Often. I have definitely made progress on this one, although I would love to spend more time doing so. I have a long list of blogs that I follow now on BlogLovin’. I love using Blog Lovin’ to read all the posts from my favorite blogs because they are all in the same place and it makes it so easy.
2. Post More Videos. Ok, so this one is the one I am going to need to focus on more. I have so many ideas for videos, so now I need to start implementing them into my posts.
5. Become More Active on Twitter. I love Twitter, now! It is so easy and fun to interact with other bloggers and I love the quick pace and conversation like interacts that we have. I am getting better at using it and look forward to continue to use Twitter more often.
6. Become a More Organized Blogger. I am just starting to get better on this one. I’ve printed out a bunch of organization spreadsheets from TheSitsGirls Blog and I plan on creating a notebook to get organized. I recently read the article 10 Free Blogging Printables Every Blogger Needs to be Using and the post had so many helpful links and downloads that I am really looking forward to using.
7. Become Self Hosted. Done! This was the first thing that I accomplished off my resolutions list this year. Toasted Lime made the process a seamless one and they were so great to work with through the whole thing. I didn’t even realize a difference but the freedom to customize my site how I want it has been really great.
Questions of the morning:
What do you think of My Squeaky Sneakers’ new look?
Have you accomplished any of your 2014 resolutions yet?