This past weekend was such an enjoyable one!
You know those weekends where you have absolutely nothing planned and you aren’t traveling anywhere so you can spend the weekend getting things done and hanging around town with the family?
Yeah, it was that kind of weekend. And it was wonderful!
We took Rylee to the splash pad on both Saturday and Sunday!
On Saturday we were just in town for the farmer’s market and weren’t planning on going in the splash pad, but it was so hot and so I let the fountain spray on her a little and she seemed to really like it!
So on Sunday I made a point to get us in our bathing suits and do it right!
She loved the water and kept guiding me into the center of the splash pad!
When she can walk, she is really going to tear that place up!
We also got our groceries for the week and started a new No More To Go meal plan for the week.
The first meal was a-mazing!
I think the highlight was the grilled broccoli salad, but I think Brett would say his was the rib-eye steak.
- 1 head of broccoli
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons parmesan, grated or shaved
The recipe called for grilled broccoli, but we weren’t on the grill and Brett used the grill pan for the steaks. So, I didn’t actually grill this salad, but I did cook them in a sauté pan to get that charred edge look that the recipe called for. So here are my directions for this delicious salad:
- Chop heads of broccoli into medium sized florets and onion in thick chunks.
- Add to pan and lightly oil broccoli and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until broccoli is slightly charred and crisp tender and the onions are transparent.
- Remove from pan and place in a serving bowl.
- Add tomatoes and toss with vinegar and parmesan.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 173g; Calories 100; Fat 5.4; Sat Fat 1.5; Sodium 91; Carbs 9.6; Fiber 3.1; Protein 4.9.
It was so yummy and the perfect side dish! I was so happy to have leftovers that I brought to work yesterday!
I also made it to the gym yesterday! Gotta get ready for the big Memorial Day weekend!
I started with 20 minutes on the stair-stepper and then worked on my back and arms with the following short circuit.
I definitely felt the burn!
I am not sore yet but I know I will be tomorrow!
Tonight I am doing Tuesday’s workout from Tone It Up’s Bikini Series Week 4!