Ok, so I am going to be completely honest here… Weeks 3 & 4 of half marathon training were not the best.
Week 3 – Build a Base
- Sunday – Run 3 Miles – MISSED (It was a holiday weekend! Now excuses? I know :/ )
- Monday – Run 5 Miles – MISSED (I was traveling home from the holiday.)
- Tuesday – Cross-Train – COMPLETED – 3.04 miles (Made up my 3 miles from Sunday)
- Wednesday – Rest – COMPLETED (Of course)
- Thursday – Run 3 Miles – COMPLETED
- Friday – Rest
- Saturday – Run 6 Miles – COMPLETED (And Nailed it! I felt great!)
Week 3 really wasn’t that bad… at least I ran. But week 4, I’m gonna have to call a wash. I have a pretty good excuse, though! Brett was traveling all week for a conference for work, so I had a lot more on my plate to do. There never seemed to be enough time for me to squeeze a run in! I really wanted to, but at the end of the day, I was either exhausted or it was too dark out for a run with the stroller.
My mom did come up half way through the week and stayed through the weekend to help me out which was awesome!! But I still wanted to spend time with her in the evenings and help her out after a long day with Rylee, so another reason I felt I couldn’t make it out for a run.
So, here was the schedule and what I was actually able to complete, which is better than nothing at all, I guess, right?
Week 4 – Build Strength
- Sunday – Run 3 Miles (So, football season started this day and Brett was leaving, so we hung out instead. ;/ )
- Monday – Run 3.75 Miles
- Tuesday – Run 3 Miles
- Wednesday – Cross-Train – COMPLETED (Nike Training App Workout)
- Thursday – Run 3 Miles – COMPLETED Cross-training instead (I can do a Nike Training App Workout at home in the A.M. Wish I would have thought of this a little sooner in the week!)
- Friday – Rest
- Saturday – Run 8 Miles
I am not going to get hung up on week 4 of training. I need to get focused again and continue on with week 5. At least it is still early enough in the training program to make that week up.
I am still trying to figure out how to train for this half marathon and keep a mom, work and wife hat on my head.
Have you ever had a bad week in training? How do you keep it up when life still continues to do its thing? Does everything need to revolve around a training plan?
If you have any advice on training for a half, please let me know in the comments section below. I would love to hear from you!