I never thought that I would enjoy and nice, cold bowl of soup… but I have found a recipe that is absolutely delicious!
Chilled Cucumber-Melon Soup.
I tasted this recipe at Publix during my weekly shop and it was so refreshing and full of flavor! I knew I had to have it again.
It was really simple to make, too. Pretty much just mix all of the ingredients into a food processor and chill!
- 1/2 European cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 Hass avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, coarsely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb Honeydew chunks
- 1/4 Cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons pre-sliced green onions
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 Teaspoons Greek yogurt with honey
- Reserve 1/4 cup each of honeydew, cucumber and avocado. Blend remaining ingredients except for yogurt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Chill soup until cold, 20-30 minutes.
- Divide soup into 4 bowls. Chop reserved ingredients finely and sprinkle over top of soup; top each with 2 teaspoons of yogurt.
- Serve and enjoy!
We served it on the side of some grilled chicken topped with a little melted cheese and thyme. It was a really great combination and filled us up, too.
I felt a little fancy eating this dish as well and I could definitely see myself making it again to impress some people for dinner. I mean, it’s just so classy to have chilled soup before a meal, don’t you think?