Happy New Year! I’m finally here to welcome you to 2015!
The holidays have come to an end and this week it has hit me that they are actually over and it’s time to get back into the routine of healthy eating and regular fitness. This year, our holiday season was quite an eventful one, which meant lots of get togethers, lots of food and not so much physical fitness.
From mingling with family while surrounded by delicious appetizers and sangria on Christmas Eve,
to waking up early with a hot coffee and opening up presents celebrating Rylee’s second Christmas,
and eating the annual, and amazingly delicious, prime rib dinner,
it all seemed to have flown by in the blink of an eye. And without being home for most of it, making it to the gym was not always a top priority on the schedule.
Although we did continue to go on lots of walks and adventures to new places, like the small aquarium in Tarpon Springs that Rylee really enjoyed.
But, there was always something delicous to eat right around the corner, either out and about or at home with the family. In Tarpon Springs, a Greek neighborhood, we enjoyed the best Greek salad I have ever had, served family style!
But don’t think for one second that this was a healthy meal choice over the break. The traditional Greek salad served there comes with a deliciously, creamy potato salad at the bottom. Incredibly yummy, but I still wouldn’t consider it the healthiest choice. 😉
And when New Years Eve came around, we made another road trip down to West Palm Beach, where we enjoyed our time with family and long time friends of 20+years. Once again, surrounded by a delicious spread of roasted pork, rice and beans, chicken fingers, 4 ft. subs and more!
The food was delicious, but the company was even better!
There were so many flavors to experience and new faces to meet. The drinks were flowin’ and the music was blarin’ while guest sang along to their favorite tunes on the karaoke machine.
But one success Brett and I made was our first trip together at our new gym!
We have learned that it is going to take Rylee a little while to get used to the child care there, but we were able to make it to an hour long class together before we took the trip for New Years, which felt great!
So now that 2015 is in full swing, it’s time to commit to my goals for this New Year.
I chose resolutions based on categories in my life such as:
- Health & Fitness
- Family & Finances
So for my Health & Fitness goals, here are some of the things I am focusing on this year:
HEALTH & FITNESS GOALS
- Get back down to goal weight and stay there – I only gained a few pounds over the break that I want to get rid of. I felt great at that weight and want to lose the extra poundage before I start to tone up and gain muscle in time for summer.
- Focus on making healthier food choices – I want to pay more attention to what I am eating and start planning out meals for the week again.
- Sign up for my first race of the year – I am thinking about running the Zimmerman 10k again this year, I had such a blast last time!
- Start thinking about a Triathlon – I have done one before, but I am thinking about possibly training for another. My new gym has an aquatic center and swim classes, so it is very tempting!
- Try Something New – There are so many different and fun ways to work out, I’m really looking forward to trying something I have never done before. Not sure what yet, but there are plenty of options.
And just for kicks, here are some other goals/resolutions I made this year:
- Plan for redecorating our Master Bedroom – I’m not committing to actually redecorating it just yet, but I want to think about making it a more personalized space for us, and updating our bedding which we have had for years.
- Go somewhere I’ve never been – No idea where. All I know is I want to go somewhere, anywhere I have not been before.
- Focus on writing posts that I am proud of – I want to focus more on quality posts instead of quantity. I want to bring you valuable content that is enjoyable to read and will help and/or inspire you!
So, that’s it for me!
What are some of your New Year’s Resolutions/Goals?