I feel like a gourmet chef right now.
After tasting my masterpiece, Crispy Parm Chicken, I couldn’t wait for Brett – the chef – to take his first bite to hear what he was going to say about it.
“Juicy, flavorful and cooked to perfection.”
Yup! And I cooked this delicious meal in under 3o minutes! It’s called Crispy Parmesan Chicken and I got the recipe from No More To Go meal planning for busy families.
I love that No More To Go offers services tailored specifically for our family by offering recipes with serving sizes meant for 2. It’s perfect for us right now!
To get this delicious meal at home, here is what you need:
- (2) 0.50 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 0.25 cup mayonnaise
- 0.25 teaspoon kosher salt
- 0.25 teaspoon pepper
- 0.50 cup Italian dried breadcrumbs
- 0.25 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pound each chicken breast until 1/4” thick
- Coat each piece with a very thin layer of mayo (you can use light or non fat mayo if you prefer)
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a shallow dish
- Place the breasts one by one in the breadcrumb mixture and coat on both sides
- Heat oil and butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
- Place the chicken into the pan and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side or until juices run clear
- Remove and set on paper towels
I made this dish along with some sautéed broccoli on the side. I’ve realized that the extra effort to sauté broccoli, verses throwing it in the microwave, is so worth it. The browning it gets from the pan gives it that delicious crunch and it is so much more enjoyable than when nuked. I also had quinoa left over from a previous night and mixed that in with some brown rice. The chicken was so juicy and flavorful that I didn’t mind that there wasn’t any sauce to soak into the rice. It all went really well together!
Calories: 439; Fat: 32g; Carbs: 8g; Protein: 32g