This recipe is a more exciting take on the traditional chicken and broccoli dish that Brett and I seem to always default to when there’s nothing else planned for dinner. It was another recipe that I scouted from the No More To Go Meal Plan.
The marinade was delicious, flavorful and made the chicken so juicy and delicious!
Lemon Basil Chicken
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons basil, minced, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
It was super easy to make too.
- Combine all ingredients in a shallow dish or resealable bag and let marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes. I used a ziplock baggie.
- Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium high. Remove chicken from marinade and grill 5-6 minutes per side, basting with marinade occasionally, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Discard remaining marinade.
Almond Skillet Broccoli
The broccoli side dish was delicious too! I had no clue you could cook broccoli in a skillet with no oil or butter. And it gave it a delicious charred taste that added so much more flavor. Plus the crunch of the almonds added a great texture, which I am all about.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat cast iron (or other heavy skillet) over medium high heat.
- Add almonds to the dry pan (no oil is necessary).
- Carefully brown the almonds, then transfer them to a plate and reserve.
- Add broccoli florets to the pan (again – no oil is necessary). Stir occasionally to prevent them from getting too charred – about 5-6 minutes total.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the broccoli and give it a good toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with almonds and parmesan.
Chicken, per serving: Calories: 334g; Fat 21g; Sat Fat 4g; Sodium 437g; Carbs 1g; Sugars 0g; Fiber 0g; Protein 33g
Broccoli, per serving: Calories 117g; Fat 5g; Sat Fat 1g; Sodium 124g; Carbs 13g; Sugars 3g; Fiber 5g; Protein 8g